Translation Studies program aims at training highly qualified written translators and consecutive interpreters with skills of simultaneous interpretation as well as providing students with sufficient English-language input and develop their skills in the following areas:machine translation, audio-visual translation and translation of literary and official texts, etc. Furthermore, the students will be equipped with research skills and will be able to conduct researches in the language studies for their course papers, diploma papers and will be prepared for doing and MA in translation or linguistics. The students have a chance to obtain real-life experience by completing their internships at different translation agencies.
- Conducting pre-translational analysis of the translated text by using different local and foreign translation theories;
- Translating texts of various genres using translation transformations in written and oral form;
- Analyzing the usage of translation transformations and other techniques in translations of different professional translators;
- Apply translation theories by Komissarov, Barkhudarov, Vinogradov, Nida, Newmark and others in interpretation and written translation;
- Completing a final graduation project under the supervision of the academic adviser and defend it in front of the committee.
The graduates of the program are employed in the leading international and local companies as Tengizshevroil, Air Astana, DCT Engineering And Natural Sciences” LLP, SmArt.Point, CES for you, Gala Translations, NURORDA, BT Services, King’s School of Almaty, “Altyn Uya” intellectual & educational center, Irina Kravchenko Coaching center etc.