SDU Admissions 2020
Ranking of specialties SDU in Kazakhstan (2019)
University enrollment on paid contract or scholarship is processed based on applicant’s written statement, according to points t the certificate, as a result of UNT.
The minimum number of points to apply is 50 (5 points on each of the subjects), and 70 points for pedagogical programs.
- Copy of National ID;
- Medical form №086 with Xray results;
- IELTS / TOEFL / SDU CEC certificate or other language proficiency certificate (if you have one);
- Applicant’s 3×4cm sized, 6 photos;
- School certificate or diploma with transcript;
- UNT certificate;
- State scholarship certificate (if you have one);
- English proficiency exam result (written at SDU);
- Special examination results (for pedagogical programs applicants);
- Results of interview with faculty representative (for college graduates);
- Creative exam results (for 6B032001 Journalism program applicants);
- Registration fee (4000 KZT);
- Student Fund (40 000 KZT).
International students must go through interview process.
1. Copy of national passport verified by notary;
2. Copy of school certificate/diploma verified by notary;
3. Medical form №086 and X-ray result (it’s recommended to issue these documents in Kazakhstan);
4. Valid English language proficiency certificates (IELTS, TOEFL);
5. 3 × 4 cm sized 6 photos;
6. Registration fee and Student fund:
For Bachelor degree – $300,
For Foundation, Masters and PhD – $200.
Master & PhD
Applicants have to write a complex test (CT) to apply for Master’s degree.
Complex testing has several parts:
1. Foreign language proficiency (not required, if you have IELTS and TOEFL resuls);
2. Test to identify applicant’s preparation for graduate school;
3. Test on profile group subjects of educational programs..
The entrance points to apply for state scholarships and grants at graduate school is 75 .
In competition for state scholarship (grant) an applicant can choose one group of educational programs and 3 universities in dates between August 17-20 2020.
1. Professional experience not less than 1 year:
2. International English Language proficiency certificate (IELTS or TOEFL);
1. Bachelor’s diploma original;
2. 3×4 cm sized 6 photos
3. Medical card №086 and X-ray result;
4. Copy of National ID;
5. Copy of test certificate according to chosen program (if you have one);
6. Payment invoice for exam participation.
To apply for state scholarship (grant):
1. CT (Complex testing certificate (not less than 75 points);
2. 3х4 sized 4 photos;
3. Registration fee – 4000 KZT.
1. Master’s degree diploma original;
2. International language proficiency exam certificate;
3. Copy of National ID;
4. 3х4 sized 6 photos;
5. Medical for №086 and X-ray result;
6. Documents to prove required work experience6 verified by HR department;
7. List of scientific and scientific-methodical works (if available);
8. Results of preliminary selection;
10. РRegistration fee – 4000 KZT.
Applicant who want to transfer to SDU from other universities need to send copies of necessary documents and information about transfer (program, specialty, state scholarship holder status etc.) to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDU Student service center expert will contact you within 2-3 business days.
August 20, 2020 / January 10, 2021
2. National ID;
3. UNT certificate.
Master & PhD
At SDU you have a chance to send your documents for processing online. You need to upload the copies of your documents and fill out the required forms. Step-by-step instructions to fill out online enrollment form are here.
After successfully uploading documents and filling out all the required forms, applicants have to get the original copies of the documents to SDU admissions commission before August 25 and pass enrollment exams at set time (please, look at “Important dates’).
Scholarships & discounts
State scholarship is a financial coverage, given by state for education. These scholarships are allotted only by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, universities serve a role of collecting and sending your documents to the Ministry to participate in scholarship allocation process.
State scholarship allocation competition considers your points at your UNT certificate, given in June. To participate in state scholarship allocation competition you need to submit your documents to admission commission before the deadline and fill out a form, showing a group of programs/specialties and university code. SDU code is 302.
If you gain a scholarship / grant, you choose a program that is offered at SDU. For instance, SDU has three programs/specialties in “Information technologies” educational programs – Information systems, Computer science and Mathematical and Computer Modeling. You can choose one of these three programs.
State scholarship coverage gives you an opportunity to study at chosen university free of charge and get monthly stipend. After graduation you are obliged to work in Kazakhstan on your professional field/specialty.
The list and quantity of state scholarships/grants for 2020-2021 academic year are published on the Ministry of Education and Science website.
The quantity of state scholarships/grants for SDU programs in 2019-2020 academic year:
|Programs||The quantity of state scholarships/grants|
|6B015001 Mathematics (pedagogy)||600|
|6B015003 Physics – Informatics||749|
|6B015002 Chemistry – Biology||742|
|6B017001 Kazakh language and literature||400|
|6B017002 Foreign language: two foreign languages||800|
6B042002 International Law
|6B061002 Computer Science|
6B061001 Information systems
6B061003 Mathematical & Software
The list and information about SDU grants and scholarships for 2020-2021 academic year will be approved and published at the end of June 2020.
List of scholarships and discounts by SDU for 2019-2020 academic year:
|SPT 2019 Olympiad winners||100||Сеrtificate|
|Infomatrix 2019 winner||100||Сеrtificate|
|«Zharkyn Bolashak» National Olympiad winners||100||Сеrtificate|
|SPT 2019 Olympiad winners||50||Сеrtificate|
|Infomatrix 2019 winners||50||Сеrtificate|
|The best student of a program (during academic year)||50||Academic performance (GPA)|
|Professional sportsmen with license||50||Conformation document / Decision of University Senate|
|Orphans||40||Conformation document / Decision of University Senate|
|Students, whose parents are disabled of 1, 2 groups||40||Conformation document / Decision of University Senate|
|SPT 2019 Olympiad winners||30||Сеrtificate|
|Infomatrix 2019 winners||30||Сеrtificate|
|Suleyman Demirel College alumni (Diploma with excellence)||20||Diploma|
|Zhambyl innovational-technical college alumni (Diploma with excellence)||20||Diploma|
|SPT 2019 Olympiad winners||15||Сеrtificate|
|“Dostyk” and “Arai” educational centers’ graduates||10||Сеrtificate / Reference|
Applications are accepted till August 25.
Student house check-in – August 28.
The number of places at the dormitory are limited. 1st year students are given priority when allocating the places. Students of 2, 3, 4 years can submit their applications after August 25.
List of required documents
- 3х4cm sized 2 photos;
- Copy of Medical №086;
- Copy of National ID;
- Copy of payment invoice.
Учреждение Университет имени Сулеймана Демиреля
040900, Алматинская обл., г.Каскелен, ул. Абылай хана, 1/1.
IBAN: KZ626017131000023797 (KZT)
IBAN: KZ146017131000031160 (USD)
IBAN: KZ696017131000039094 (EUR)
IBAN: KZ466017131000050469 (RUB)
АО «Народный Банк Казахстана»
040900, Алматинская обл., г.Каскелен, ул.Абылай хана, 1/1.
КНП – 872
АО «Народный Банк Казахстана»