INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH CENTER
The Interdisciplinary Research Centre was opened in December 2023 with the support of SDU University. We are a research centre dedicated to joint research of all disciplines in MDE (Multidisciplinary Education) Centre.
The concept of interdisciplinary communication has recently become widespread, and conducting scientific research on this basis is becoming an urgent issue. Currently, the main sections of the research work of students, master’s and doctoral students are often combined with psychological-pedagogical, social, linguistic, digital technology, so it is important that the research work is interdisciplinary.
Aims and objectives
Our mission and vision is to combine the compulsory subjects of MDE into one channel. Integration of research works by bringing together representatives of science in several fields. Incorporating interdisciplinary communication not only in research work, but also in educational programs through conducting research work. Our researchers conduct interdisciplinary research, publish articles, and participate in integrating the trajectories of future mandatory disciplines.
Purpose: To conduct scientific research by connecting and integrating several academic schools, specialties or technologies with their own perspectives by combining the perspectives of two or more fields.
Tasks aimed at fulfilling this goal:
- Elaboration of the pedagogical foundations of each subject under MDE center;
- Creating an opportunity for individuals and joint development of directions;
- Production of integrated project works between several specialties or disciplines (internal and external);
- To conduct joint researches and scientific conferences with other universities;
- Publication of research results, conducting seminars;
- Holding round tables, trainings and meetings in order to expand the research scope of the research centre;
- Working together with other universities of Kazakhstan, combining trajectories of compulsory subjects
Head of the center
Raikhan Abnasyrova – professor of SDU, coordinator for scientific affairs of the Multidisciplinary Education Center, member of the Scientist Women of Kazakhstan Society.
Raikhan Abnasyrova successfully defended her Ph.D. thesis in 2010 at the Department of General Linguistics of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU) and received the degree of Candidate of Philological Sciences, code 10.02.19 – Theory of Language. The theme of her dissertation is devoted to the problems of bilingualism and multilingualism.
Currently, she is engaged in a project to teach foreign citizens the Kazakh language through an open educational platform. The project is dedicated to the study of the Kazakh language by foreign citizens in a remote format. Video lessons were filmed on the basis of the project based on two alphabets (Latin and Cyrillic), which contribute to the rapid development of educational material by foreign citizens. Several textbooks for foreigners have been published Kazakh Language (levels A1, A2, B1), Practical Kazakh Language, Professional Kazakh Language, monograph “Reflection of intercalation in Kazakh-Russian bilingualism” and a collection of courses Fundamentals of Scientific Research. Raikhan Zhalgasbaevna has been working at Suleyman Demirel University since 2006.
Mukash Dana is a lecturer at the Multidisciplinary Education Center, a member of the Council of Young Researchers.
She is a graduate of Suleyman Demirel University, Two Foreign Languages: English and Chinese specialty, she obtained her master’s degree in Language and Literature Studies from SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities (Warsaw, Poland). Dana is a holder of high performance certificates of international advanced training courses and exams (IELTS, TKT). Her scientific interests include communicative, social, and cultural aspects of language learning and information and communication technologies in the field of education. She has experience as a volunteer at international conferences, an organizer of language events, and an English teacher at an international school.
1. Scientific and methodological basis of using an open educational platform in teaching the Kazakh language as a foreign language (submitted to the competition for grant funding)
In order to increase the interest of foreign citizens who are studying in our country and are interested in the Kazakh language even if they live in another country, to learn our state language, to present the methodology of teaching the Kazakh language in accordance with the modern requirements, basing the teaching of the Kazakh language as a foreign language through an open educational platform from a scientific and theoretical point of view.
Tasks of the project:
- To determine the theoretical basis of training through an open educational platform;
- Creation of an educational platform based on two alphabets (Latin alphabet and Cyrillic alphabet) for remote teaching of the Kazakh language to foreign citizens;
- Creating a teaching methodology through an open educational platform;
- Approbation of the open educational platform, proving its effectiveness;
- Determination of the psychological and pedagogical foundations of teaching through an open educational platform;
- Offering language learners an open educational platform based on two alphabets (Latin alphabet and Cyrillic alphabet) for teaching Kazakh as a foreign language.
2. The future of the Turkic world in the framework of “2040” (project of the centre)
Within the framework of the Future of the Turkic world – 2040, the project is dedicated to the study of the original history of the Turkic people living in the Karasai district of Almaty region, and to contribute to the history of the Turks.
Purpose of our research: To study the original history of the Turkic people living in the Karasai district of Almaty region and to contribute to the history of the Turks. By implementing this project, it will be possible to study the history, ethnography, and cultural values of the Turkic people living in Kazakhstan with a state grant next year and introduce its results into the modern education system.
Tasks to be performed to achieve the research goal:
- Carrying out archeographic works on the cultural heritage related to the history of the Turkic people in the archives of the Karasai region (the number of Turkic peoples, the reason for their arrival, the course of their arrival, how they arrived, when they arrived, their cultural values);
- Make a field expedition to the Karasai region (get to know the representatives, interview and audiotape the visit history of each Turkic people)
- To hold an international conference in order to bring together historians of the Karasai district who study the history of the Turkic people through communication with the Assembly.
- Writing articles on research materials
- Plan for the future: If good materials are collected, it is possible to use the data from the special fund.
3. Study of the scientific and methodological basis of teaching the Kazakh language as a foreign language through a website and a mobile application (internal project)
The goal of the project is to create a site and a mobile application for teaching Kazakh as a foreign language, summarizing scientific findings and practical directions in the methodology of teaching world languages through a website and a mobile application, and to study the scientific methodological basis.
To achieve this goal, it is intended to solve the following tasks:
- Researching sites and mobile applications for teaching a language as a foreign language;
- Select and group effective sites and mobile applications for teaching Kazakh as a foreign language. Based on the results, creating a website and a mobile application for teaching Kazakh language to foreign citizens.
- Creating a methodological system for teaching the Kazakh language through a website and a mobile application
- Approbation of the website and mobile application for teaching the Kazakh language, conducting a survey, proving its effectiveness. Writing an article based on the result, participating in an international conference.
- Offering a website and mobile application for teaching Kazakh as a foreign language to language learners.
4. Aspects of psychological adaptation of students in language learning (based on SDU) (project of the centre)
Psychological-pedagogical adaptation of students while studying language subjects at the university is relevant. The purpose of the project: to study the psychological and pedagogical features of language adaptation of students of Suleyman Demirel University at the initial stage of learning Kazakh, Russian, English and Turkish languages.
To achieve this goal, it is planned to solve the following tasks:
- To make a theoretical analysis of the materials of world and domestic scientific-methodical, psychological-pedagogical studies on the methodology of language teaching;
- Identification (monitoring) of factors affecting the psychological adaptation of students studying Kazakh, Russian, English and Turkish languages.
- Determination of conditions and factors that cause language barriers and psychological difficulties in the process of adaptation of students studying Kazakh, Russian, English and Turkish languages (survey).
- Development of a methodological system of language teaching, providing statistical data based on survey results:
– development of a practice-oriented language club;
– development of a series of thematic lessons that contribute to the psychological and pedagogical adaptation of students during language teaching (case tasks);
- Increasing students’ interest in learning languages, changing the teaching methodology depending on the student’s personality, creating a working environment in which classes are taught casually and freely, introducing elements of the culture and history of the language being taught, which is one of the main pedagogical tasks.
Interdisciplinary Research Centre
Kaskelen, 1/1, Abylai Khan St
Head of the center