Date journalism is a relevant and important area of our time. This profession is intended for those who want to master advanced skills, create unique content and strive for development. With our curriculum, you will reach new heights.
Master of Data Journalism
“Information-oil of the XXI century”. Therefore, today’s society needs journalists who can study big data and draw incredible events and conclusions from this data. Our program provides for these needs. Within 18 months, you can become a high-quality specialist who can work professionally with the date, see the real picture of any problem through the date and deliver it to the audience, in an attractive format with visual elements such as infographics, illustrations. Through our program, improve your professional skills and acquire great memories on the way to knowledge.
Convenient class schedule
Many of our undergraduates work during the day, so we can organize classes at your convenience in the evening or in an online format.
Specialists who can work at a professional level with a date are currently in high demand. Because, starting with the family Institute, digital data in the fields of Economics, medicine, politics and education are not processed. Therefore, this data requires a specialist who deeply understands and analyzes the dynamics, orientation of phenomena and offers a solution to the problem. Our program will help you fulfill these needs in a high-quality and professional manner. You will learn these skills,you will fly and discover new opportunities.
- Training of a modern specialist who can constantly improve himself, effectively use individual characteristics and abilities, work with the date on a professional level;
- Instilling the skills of collecting, processing, filtering large amounts of data, making a hypothesis with a logical basis;
- Release of a date journalist that can deduce the value and event line from the processed date and perfectly convey it to the audience with visual elements;
- Training of masters who are familiar with the basic features of coding, well-versed in the original technologies and programs necessary for date processing;
- Training in methods for building and processing information in a non-fully processed format that can work with various information formats, such as JSON, CSV;
- Formation of professional communication that contributes to the improvement of each other.
- Understands the basic concepts of modern journalism and is able to discuss constructively in an academic, professional environment related to the field of data;
- Date can classify units and form a set and work effectively with it;
- Can make correct representations, draw conclusions from incomplete or limited information, and work with a large array of data;
- Able to create a data project that covers from the idea to the final product, with a deep understanding of all stages and features;
- Using advanced web tools and applications, it can replace a data set with visually appealing and understandable formats;
- The date can work together with the group in the production of the project;
Compulsory & elective modules (courses)
Introduction to science date
Foreign language (professional)
Registration and defense of the master’s project
Introduction to Data journalism
Working with databases and data
Write A Narrative
Media and the law
New technologies for journalism
The knowledge and skills that will be taught in this program are in high demand in the market. You can most likely work in prestigious, popular editorial offices. In addition, you can work in the field of information technology, marketing, and Economics. We are ready to give advice to undergraduates on employment and career development.
Asst. Prof. Madiyar Saudabaev