TV AND MULTIMEDIA
The bachelor’s program in Journalism is aimed at training specialists in the field of media, journalism and communications.
The program offers fundamental knowledge of important areas and problems of journalism and media, including methodology of conducting research in the field, data collection and analysis skills, skills of visualizing data , creating all kinds of journalistic materials, both for print and online publications with multimedia elements, TV and radio programs with marketing and media skills to promote journalistic content.
The journalism program focuses on five main areas:
- Video journalism;
- Audio journalism;
- Data journalism and visualization;
- Communications, media and politics;
- Theories and fundamentals of media.
- Demonstrating understanding of the fundamentals of journalist rights, ethical concepts, marketing, media management, history and theories of mass communication, and critical analysis when making decisions in professional activities;
- Showing ability to produce all types and genres of journalistic materials, including TV and radio programs, print and online publications, multimedia articles, video and audio materials, data and investigative articles and etc.;
- Applying designing skills and visual composition fundamentals in presenting data, creating infographics and print publications;
- Applying knowledge and skills of audio-video editing and graphic design software;
- Showing capability to collect, analyse and organize data in order to conduct academic research.
Alumni of the program can work in any field of journalism, including but not limited to TV and Radio reporting, TV directing and producing, reporting for online and print (both in newsroom and in the field), photojournalism, video and cinematography, news and feature editing, graphic designing and designing for print, SMM, Public Relations and so on.