The goals of the MSc in Mathematics program are achieved through various activities during the 2-year study period. In the fundamental courses in algebra, real analysis, probability theory and statistics, students study the basics of advanced classical mathematics, important results, and proving methods. These courses enhance students’ mathematics portfolios, their critical and analytical thinking skills, and develop problem-solving abilities.
The Research Tools and Methods discipline, as well as the Master’s Scientific Research Work courses, help students develop their research-related skills, including creative work development, ability to work independently, and exchange mathematical ideas. Within the specialization, students study elective courses such as neural networks, differential equations, and additional chapters in algebra.
Graduates of the program are are able to critically analyze global problems that arise in mathematics, reason quantitatively and create effective solutions; to carry out independent research in the field of mathematics, and analyze and interpret their research results; to use mathematical models and methods to solve practical problems and make decisions in various areas of human activity; to communicate the results of their research, both orally and in writing, to both specialist and non-specialist audiences, and participate in scientific discussions.
- Ordinary Differential Equations (5 ECTS);
- Mathematical Statistics & Theory of Probability 1 (5 ECTS);
- Linear Algebra (5 ECTS);
- Real analysis (5 ECTS).
- Mathematical analysis;
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Solve advanced problems in the theory of classical and modern mathematics and construct proofs of results in the field achieved by laboratory works, practical classes, exams based on problem-solving and writing a Master’s thesis.
- Analyze theoretical and applied problems and utilize necessary mathematical techniques to develop solutions, сonduct an independent inquiry and develop creative work evidenced by a Master’s thesis and research publications.
- Demonstrate ability to critically analyze global problems arising in Mathematics, reason quantitatively and create effective solutions by solving theoretical and (or) applied problems.
- Develop and maintain theory and problem-solving skills with a deep understanding of their area of specialization by learning elective courses, writing a Master’s thesis and research publications.
- Communicate mathematical ideas to a mathematics audience both in writing and oral form achieved by participation in scientific conferences.
- Able to plan the development of the personality and managerial resource of the leader, mastery of psychological techniques and modern communication technologies of business communication, neutralize the negative impact of interpersonal relationships and intergroup communication, know replica clichés of speech etiquette, reflecting the country’s culture and regional geographic information from authentic sources, enriching social experience, conduct conversation in situations of professional communication; skills of professional communication in a foreign language, raising and developing one’s intellectual level, designing the educational process in conditions of socialization of a person; compliance with professional and ethical standards accepted in international practice achieved by learning compulsory courses.
An MSc in mathematics not only provides numerous career opportunities in industry but also serves as a pathway to further academic pursuits. Here are some additional points to consider:
- PhD Pathway: An MSc in mathematics can serve as a stepping stone for those interested in pursuing a doctoral degree in mathematics or related fields. It provides a solid foundation in advanced mathematical concepts and research methodologies, preparing students for further studies and potential careers in academia.
- Data Science and Analytics: In today’s data-driven world, MSc mathematics graduates can leverage their analytical and mathematical skills to excel in the field of data science. The program equips students with the necessary tools and techniques to handle complex datasets, develop mathematical models, and apply statistical analysis to extract meaningful insights.
- Teaching Opportunities: Graduates of an MSc in mathematics may find opportunities to become instructors or lecturers in higher educational institutions. With their advanced knowledge and ability to convey complex mathematical concepts, they can inspire and educate the next generation of mathematicians and scientists.
- Applied Mathematicians: The practical application of mathematics is increasingly valued in industries such as engineering, computer science, and healthcare. MSc mathematics graduates can pursue careers as applied mathematicians, utilizing their problem-solving abilities and mathematical expertise to address real-world challenges and develop innovative solutions.
Overall, an MSc in mathematics provides a wide range of career prospects, from pursuing a PhD to working as an instructor, applied mathematician, or data scientist. The program equips students with a strong mathematical foundation and analytical mindset, making them valuable assets in academia and industry alike.