The program aims to produce graduates who can comprehend and interpret international relations, think analytically and be lifelong learners. The curriculum involves courses related to International Studies, Politics, International Law, International Security, International Political Economy, as well as International Relations Theories and Regional Studies. Disciplines include various aspects of international issues and theoretic approaches to them. The department offers semester-based courses and the period of study is four years.
- The capability of explaining the concepts/theories of International Relations;
- Recognizing the political, social and economic causes and results of the transformations experienced in a society or a state;
- Awareness of the universality of social rights, social justice, and conservation of cultural values;
- Being able to gather required information on relevant specific cases and develop suggestions/report in the field;
- Adequate knowledge and awareness of the processes of globalization and intercultural communication
Since current multipronged policy of Kazakhstan, aiming to reach the economic level of developed countries requires numerous specialists in international issues. Alumni of this programme are mostly involved in international department of various government institutions, such as ministries, local councils and administrative bodies. Moreover, some of them have been working in international organisations within Kazakhstan and abroad.