Suleyman Demirel University (SDU) leadership aims to make a strategic commitment to increase its reputation for quality of research. The University strongly feels responsibility towards the creation and dissemination of knowledge. It seeks to make a significant contribution to Kazakh economy and society through fostering enquiry, innovation, and applied research. SDU understands that research maintains intellectual currency and improving the research capacity will help to develop international collaborations.
Suleyman Demirel University embraces the status research-informed university, linking teaching with research, enquiry, and discovery to enhance students’ learning outcomes and this position aligns well with its Mission and Vision. The following are important aspects of research informed SDU:
- Courses are informed by the current research findings;
- Providing opportunities for all students to engage in research and inquiry;
- Advancing students’ valuing research in the discipline;
- Giving tasks to students that include components of research process;
- Informing students of current insights and ways of applying these ideas in problems.
Research and discovery will continue to be significant in the future of SDU and in the evolution of the higher education system of Kazakhstan. For this reason, SDU recognizes that a vibrant and appropriate research activity is also interrelated to other parts of its strategy.