SDU University is committed to hold highest ethical values to carry research. The aim of the Research Ethics Policy is to set out the general principles that underpin the ethical conduct of research. Researchers are expected to familiarise themselves with the university Research Ethics Policy and follow the rules and regulations to maintain good ethics practice in all aspects of their work. Human subjects research at the University is guided by the ethical principles set forth in the Belmont Report (Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research), see.
In publishing results of their research authors and other stakeholders in the process are expected to follow COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) guidelines https://publicationethics.org/guidance/Guidelines
SDU Research Ethics Review Procedure
SDU Research Ethics Committee operates to provide feedback and clearance on possible ethical issues that may arise during the research process. We work to prevent any possible ethical issues through review of application from researchers and students. The standard procedures for ethical review are provided below. If you have other requests such as recommendations, suggestions or want to report research related misconduct, unethical behavior or other, please write directly or email@example.com.
Standard procedures to apply for ethics review:
- To help you with the ethics review process we have prepared a short online SELF-ASSESSMENT FORM to understand whether you need review by Research Ethics Committee or not. Please fill the SELF-ASSESSMENT FORM first.
- Based on your answers to the survey questions, you will receive a note at the end of the survey, that ethical review is NOT REQUIRED or REQUIRED you need to apply for Ethics Review.
- If ethics review is REQUIRED based on the SELF-ASSESSMENT results, you must fill this ETHICS REVIEW FORM and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon receiving your ETHICS REVIEW FORM, the officer of the Research Ethics Committee will inform you in 10 working days about further procedures.
Please see the Research Ethics Committee meeting dates and submission deadlines in the following link: schedule
- If you need ethical approval for applying for grant project or before PhD dissertation defense*, please contact email@example.com directly
- Please note that it may take long time (up to several weeks) for ethics approval. Therefore we encourage early applications.
*It is an additional requirement for PhD students according to Ministry regulations. PhD students are also required to use standard procedures before starting their data collection as show