1. How can I enroll to SDU?
Admission to SDU is no different from the admission to other universities of Kazakhstan. Applicants with passing score on the UNT can enroll to SDU.
2. What subjects should be chosen to enroll in the CDS departments?
In order to enroll to the Faculty of Economics you will need to choose Geography, to the Faculty of Philology on the specialtiesof Foreign language: two foreign languages, Translation Studies, International relations you will need to choose English language, to the Faculty of Engineering you will need to choose Physics, to the specialty Kazakhlanguage and literature and journalism you will need to choose Kazakh language. Students entering the specialty of Journalism will pass a creative examination in the form of a written essay and an oral interview.
3. Is it possible to enroll to SDU on the state scholarship?
You can enroll to any specialty on the state scholarship
4. How can I get the internal grant of SDU?
Holders of the first three prizes at national Olympiads will receive a grant only on the specialty with the subject of which they participated in the Olympiad.
5. What discounts are available to students?
1. Holders of the “AltynBelgi:honorary sign get 50% discount.
2. Applicants who scored more than 90 points on the UNT – 10% discount.
3. Graduates of the educational center “Dostyk” who scored more than 80 points on the UNT – 10% discount.
4. Graduates of Kazakh-Turkish Lyceum, Zhautykov schools, Daryn and Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools– 10% discount.
5. Members of one family– 10% discount.
Discounts on the basis of student performance achievement (GPA) are provided by the university for one academic year (for each specialty, for each year)
• First place – 50%
• Second place – 30%
• Third place – 20%
Discounts mentioned above are available for one academic year. Students’ achievement is reevaluated every year and the first 3 students with the highest results receive these discounts. Other discounts are not available.
6. When does the admission committee start receiving documents?
• Reception of documents on competition of the grant starts from July 23 to 31.
• Reception of documents on paid education is from June 20 to August 25.
• Acceptance of documents for MA and PhD programs is from July1 to 30.
7. Are there any preparatory courses in SDU?
Yes. SDU has one-year preparatory courses and students who complete the course will be able to master English at Intermediate level. Also three-month accelerated summer courses in English are available (starting from June).
8. Tell me about the faculty of SDU
The faculty of SDU is very different. Majority of the teachers are from Kazakhstan and Turkey. There are also teachers from Azerbaijan, USA, India and Europe.
9. What is the level of employment of SDU graduates? In which companies are they employed?
Virtually all graduates find employment CDS. They are employed in such companies as: Kazkommertsbank, Turkuaz Group of Companies, Halyk Bank, Kcell, Air Astana, Alma TV, BTA, Turkuaz, Coca-Cola, Deloitte &Touche, Agip KCO, Bank Pozitif, Ericsson, Ernst and Young, HENKEL, Kazakhtelecom , Kazpack, KKB, ABN AMRO-Credit Card Department, P & G, Philip Morris, Price Water House, Schlmberger, SEHA, Tengizchevroil, Texaco, Ankara Hotel, Ahsel Holding, Kazakh-Turkish Liseums, Ramstore, Parsons FluorDaniel, Parker Drilling, Eurasian Bank , Cisco Kazakhstan Specialist, Center Credit Bank.
10. How can I transfer to a different specialty?
Students cantransfer to another specialty only after the first semester under the condition that the result of students' academic achievement (GPA) does not have F-grades.
11. How can I be transferred to SDU from another university?
In order to transfer from another university to SDU you need to provide a transcript with grades and subjects completed. According to this transcript the difference in subjects is determined. Only then the opportunity to transfer can be identified. According to theLaw on Education the difference in subjects should not exceed 5 items.The transfer period is the end of semester, i.e. the end of the semester and summer period. Transfer cannot be made during the study period.
12. Can I transfer to SDU and keep my state scholarship?
You can be transferred to all specialties of SDU, but under the condition that you are transferred to the same specialty. If you want to transfer to another specialty, you lose the scholarship.
13. Can I transfer from paid education to the state scholarship in SDU?
Yes, you can. Students transferring to another specialtyand leaving to study in foreign universities lose their state scholarships. The students with high achievement are recommended for the vacant scholarships. The University submits the application and the student’s GPA to the MES RK.The decision is made by MES RK.
14. What diploma is issued to graduates of the CDS?
SDU graduates receive a diploma approved by the MES RK.
15. Where do SDU students pass their internship?
The students pass their internship in Kazakhstani organizations. Students with good academic performance pass their summer internship in Turkey. Expenses are covered by the University.