Bachelor of Information and Communication Technologies
Required level of English
Information Systems programme prepares students to work in computer science fields, such as system administrators, software developers, DevOps specialists, network engineers, cybersecurity specialists, IT managers, project managers, business analytics, data scientists, UX/UI designers, 3D animators and game developers, and others. Students of the program are expected to have good math and logical background. The program partially consists of modules that are adopted from ACM IS curriculum guideline and world-wide leading universities in the field of Information Systems, also program provides ability for students to get industrial IT certifications like, CCENT, CCNA, MCSA, Red Hat Linux, Autodesk and others.
- Having an opportunity to be employed in local and international IT companies, by successfully passing Beta-Career program.
- Showing labor market competitiveness by getting industrial IT certifications like CCENT, CCNA, MCSA, Red Hat Linux, Autodesk and others.
- Demonstrating skills of software and web developing by using knowledge of programming, algorithms and database management systems.
- Demonstrating effective self-study skills in a student-centered learning environment by passing courses which emphasizes different learning methodologies including flipped classroom and blended learning.
- Arranging future study of master degree in computer science field
- Develop and troubleshoot network topologies, security policies, and IT infrastructure by successfully completing courses of Computer networks, System administration and Cybersecurity courses.
- Demonstrating knowledge and skills in developing and supporting complex Information Systems.
- Demonstrating hard skills in computer science and soft skills in communication with future colleagues.
- Demonstrating ability to work in team and manage it with leadership skills.
Compulsory & elective modules (courses)
English Language 1-2
Introduction to Algorithms
Database Management Systems 1-2
Web programming – front end
Modern history of Kazakhstan
Web programming – back end
Probability and Mathematical Statistics
Module of Social and Political knowledge 1-2
Research methods and tools
Computer Networks 2
MCSA: Windows Server 2016
Linux Server Administration
Data Storage Systems
Computer Networks Security
Fundamentals of DevOps
Implementation of IoT solutions
Human Computer Interaction
Back End programming
Testing computer software
Development of ERP/CRM systems
Introduction to Machine Learning
Fundamentals of IT Management
Business process design and management
Effective Communication Skills
Introduction to Design
3D Animation and visual effects
Graduates of this specialty can be employed
- at the enterprises of various industries;
- in companies and enterprises which provide technical support and service of computer and microprocessor technology:
- in companies engaged in information and telecommunication systems;
- in companies that develop software, applications for mobile operating systems or develop games.
After finishing this specialty, student can work as any expert in IT, whether it is a programmer or a project manager.
Student can work in a large IT companies of Silicon Valley like Google, Facebook, Microsoft or start their startup.
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation. Within a few years of graduation with a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems at Suleyman Demirel University, our graduates are expected to attain one or more of the following career and professional accomplishments in that they will be:
Experts in the field of Information Systems with a comprehensive understanding of information systems design and development, their life-cycles, tools, techniques and methodologies;
Highly qualified specialists who are competent, committed, and capable members and leaders of information systems development teams;
- Innovators who apply their conceptual knowledge and engineering skills and computing knowledge to the design, development, and delivery of state-of-the-art Information System suites with ethical and legal considerations in mind to contribute positively to the betterment of society, and perhaps who even does start-ups and thereby contribute to the economy and provide employment for people;
- Lifelong learners who advance their knowledge through various recognized academic and professional programs of study or certification programs and who in a timely manner analyze and remedy the gaps in their knowledge bases on their own.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Have effective communication skills in a variety of professional contexts.
- Work effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles
MSc. Darmen Kariboz