Student life at SDU is not only learning and practice, it is also a creative self-realization in more than 28 student clubs and organizations, covering various spheres of intellectual development, scientific research, creativity, entertainment, culture, art and sports. Our aim is educating a person with a personal, professional, and active citizenship. Access to diverse opportunities for students to improve their abilities. Personally and professionally mature person is a person who has a creative, mature, legal and communicative culture, professionalism and competence formed in a sense of patriotism. The university is a platform for the development of students not only in education, but also as an individual as a whole. Guided by these principles, the main responsibility of the department is to organize social student life. Also control of the work of student organizations, and administrative support on behalf of the university in their endeavors. Also the department coordinates the work of various sports sections and organizes sports events at the university. Promotes a healthy lifestyle. And we have more than 28 clubs which are working in four orientation:
- sport (football, volleyball, tennis, karate, gym, etc.)
- entertainment and self improvement (debates, art, dancing, singing, playing in instruments, film making, orthodox art, etc.)
Social Life & Sport
The university is a platform for the development of students not only in education, but also as an individual as a whole. Guided by these principles, the main responsibility of the department is to organize social student life. Also control of the work of student organizations, and administrative support on behalf of the university in their endeavors. The department coordinates the work of various sports sections and organizes sports events at the university. Promotes a healthy lifestyle.
SDU Psychology Center was founded in 2008 as a psychological student service. The main activity of the center is the psychological support of the learning process, helping students to adapt in the new environment, student and university staff counseling on a variety of psychological problems, the maintenance of a favorable psychological climate among employees.
Here you can:
- Get psychological counseling;
- Complete a variety of psychological tests and get to know yourself.
- Psychological counseling is individual work of a practicing psychologist using purely psychological methods and procedures.
Features of psychological counseling:
- lasts 1 hour – 1.5 hours
- is carried out an average of 1 – 2times a week
- is carried out in the form of counseling course (from 3 to 15 meetings)
- only psychological methods are (drugs and dietary supplements are not applied)
- use methods different areas of psychology (psychoanalysis, Gestalt therapy, trance techniques, etc.)
- full confidentiality guaranteed.
Monday – Friday: 10:00 – 12:00 / 13:00 – 16:30
* Consultations are conducted by an appointment.
The SDU has created all the conditions for students and staff to get expert medical care. With this purpose a medical center operates in the campus providing free first medical and sanitary aid. Clinic is fully equipped with all the necessary tools and medicines.
Furthermore, Suleyman Demirel University signed a contract with the “Central hospital of Karasai district “, where everyone can receive treatment and medical examination.
The main tasks of medical aid station:
- The provision of primary health care to the staff and students of SDU.
- Organization and control the annual passage of x-rays, and baseline medical examination of employees and students of SDU.
- Monitor the health certificates of the sick students.
- Monitor the sanitary cleanliness in SDU (dining room, classrooms, corridors, etc.).
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle and prevention of various diseases.
- Monitoring health status of students on follow up care.