The main objective of the PhD program is to ensure that the candidates attain a good academician level to train teachers and guide counselors in Mathematics Education. The PhD program develops the knowledge and skills to engage at the highest levels of teaching and research in the scientific field of Mathematics Education. PhD students acquire the professional skills including subject matter teaching techniques required to succeed in the profession of lecturer in undergraduate and graduate programs.
New methods of teaching Mathematics – 5 ECTS
Total: 2 ECTS
There is no need to study prerequisite subjects if your Master’s degree (major) is a relative specialty.
- using and applying the academic knowledge at the level of expertise acquired in the field of mathematics education.
- utilizing specialized knowledge about other disciplines related to the field of mathematics education.
- proposing solutions by using quantitative and qualitative scientific research methods to problems in mathematics education.
- participating in social project and sharing their academic knowledge and studies in written and orally in a society.
- using and following publications in a foreign language, communicate and produce scientific works in foreign languages.
- using information and communication technologies at an advanced level in his studies in the field of mathematics education.
- following and interpreting the new developments in the field of mathematics education.
PhD candidates can work in higher education, research institutes, teacher educational centers or related enterprises at various levels. They also study as educational consultancy or expertise in mathematics. PhD graduates can continue to post-doctoral programs in prestigious higher education institutions in Kazakhstan and abroad.