This program prepares students for work as professionals in computer science fields, such as software developers, software project managers, data engineers, data scientists, software testers, UX/UI specialists, IoT engineers and many other professions in the field. Students who study this program are required to be hardworking and to have excellent math and logic skills. Some modules of the program have identical content to modules of world-leading universities, such as Stanford and Harvard.
Bachelor of Information and Communication Technologies
Required level of English
This program includes a special Beta-Career program, which gives students an opportunity to work in software developing companies. A key feature here is that Beta-Careers are counted as 12-credit courses, and students are evaluated by a company representative. The program contains courses that are located at company offices and delivered by professionals. Currently, these modules are provided by Automato and GreetGo.
The main aim of this program is to enable student-centered learning of programming, analysis of algorithms and data structures, software design patterns, electronics, constructing digital devices and software engineering.
- Developing and designing software applications using relevant frameworks, and algorithms
- Designing and constructing IoT devices
- Implementing machine learning applications by analyzing and cleaning data, implementing algorithms, and analyzing and choosing relevant algorithms results
- Working in a group project, communicating effectively
Compulsory & elective modules (courses)
English language 1-2
Kazakh language 1-2
Information and Communication Technologies
Module of Social and Political knowledge 1
Module of Social and Political knowledge 2
Algorithms and Data structures
Web programming fundamentals
Computer organizations and architectures
Natural Language Processing
Deep neural networks
User experience and user interfaces
Implementing Internet of Things
Formal languages and automata theory
Database management systems 1
Database management systems 2
Computer networks 2
Computer applications security
Graduates of this specialty can be employed
- at the enterprises of various industries;
- in companies and enterprises which provide technical support and service of computer and microprocessor technology:
- in companies engaged in information and telecommunication systems;
- in companies that develop software, applications for mobile operating systems or develop games.
After finishing this specialty, student can work as any expert in IT, whether it is a programmer or a project manager.
Students can work in a large IT companies of Silicon Valley like Google, Facebook, Microsoft or start their startup.
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation. Within a few years of graduation with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at Suleyman Demirel University, our graduates are expected to attain one or more of the following career and professional accomplishments in that they will be:
- Experts in the field of Computer Science with a comprehensive understanding of computer systems and software design and development, their life-cycles, tools, techniques, and methodologies;
- Highly qualified specialists who are competent, committed, and capable members and leaders of computer and software systems development teams;
- Innovators who apply their conceptual knowledge and engineering skills and computing knowledge to the design, development, and delivery of state-of-the-art computer systems and software suites with ethical and legal considerations in mind to contribute positively to the betterment of society, and perhaps who even does start-ups and thereby contribute to the economy and provide employment for people;
- Lifelong learners who advance their knowledge through various recognized academic and professional programs of study or certification programs and who in a timely manner analyze and remedy the gaps in their knowledge bases on their own.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Have effective communication skills in a variety of professional contexts.
- Work effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
MSc. Meraryslan Meraliyev