Master of Pedagogical Sciences
Elementary Mathematics, Methods of Teaching Mathematics, Pedagogy, English Language
The aim of this program is to educate qualified individuals who are aware of contemporary assessment-evaluation approaches, can organize teaching activities in accordance with technological developments, can use different teaching methods and strategies in math teaching processes, and can follow the new studies in the field. it is also aimed to educate academicians who will train teachers and guide counselors in the field of math education in our country. At the graduate level, applied research at the level of expertise is emphasized.
Students acquire the professional skills including subject matter teaching techniques required to succeed in the profession of a teacher, lecturer in undergraduate programs. They also develop research skills in math education.
- using and applying the knowledge at the level of expertise acquired in the field of mathematics education
utilizing knowledge about other disciplines related to the field of mathematics education.
- proposing solutions by using quantitative and qualitative scientific research methods to problems in mathematics education.
- participating actively in teamwork in scientific research in mathematics education; it fulfills its responsibilities, is open to cooperation
sharing their knowledge and studies in written and orally in a community.
- using and following publications in a foreign language, communicate and produce scientific works in foreign languages.
- using information and communication technologies at an advanced level in his studies in the field of mathematics education.
- following and interpreting the new developments in the field of mathematics education.
Compulsory & elective modules (courses)
History and philosophy of science
Pedagogy Professional Development of Mathematics Teachers` Skills
Problem solving with informal Techniques Fundamental Questions of Algebra, Geometry and Logic (Applied Mathematics)
Assessment methods in Maths education
Psychology Problem solving on construction
Pedagogical Practice in Higher EducationInstitutions Research Studies in Math Education English for Academic Purposes (C1-C2)
New methods of education of Mathematics
Scientific Research Methods and Data analysis
Geometry Teaching methods
Master’s scientific research work 1
Master’s scientific research work 2
Thesis (Dissertation) defense
Our graduates can work as academicians in different universities. The majority of our graduates can teach in distinguished private and state educational institutions. Some of them can work in areas such as all engineering fields in the business world. Our graduates can continue PhD program in the fields of scientific Mathematics and math education in prestigious higher education institutions in Kazakhstan and abroad.