Master in FinTech is a newly established online full-time, three-semester program. Its goal is to train future professionals in the interdisciplinary field of financial technology that combines the foundations of financial modeling with innovative IT technologies such as big data, machine learning and blockchain. FinTech industry aims to disrupt traditional financial services and replace them with novel solutions. To prepare leaders for this fastest growing area, the program is also equipped with courses on economic analysis, statistics and management.
FinTech is a burgeoning industry on a global financial market. Our goal is to prepare professionals with a focus on international job market. Graduates of Master’s degree in FinTech will be fully equipped to meet the growing requirements of the profession.
- Online courses with 3 campus visits
- Network of industry practitioners
- Work-study blended
- In partnership with AIFC
Master in Financial Technology
Bachelor in Finance, Computer Science and other engineering/science major.
You will learn from SDU BS faculty, as well as from industry experts. Classes are ran on an online interactive platform, that facilitates the learning process from different locations and work schedules. In-person meetings occur during the final exams period.
- Have a solid foundation in IT technologies in financial industry;
- Develop new instruments on the edge of IT technologies and financial markets;
- Analyze the economic factors for better decision-making;
- Transform insights into actionable business strategies;
- Learn modern pedagogical and communication skills;
- Be able to conduct a research study with writing a thesis.
Compulsory & elective modules (courses)
Core subject courses:
Corporate Finance and Valuation
Introduction to Python
Principles and Database Development
Quantitative Portfolio Analysis
Introduction to Data Mining
Artificial intelligence for Fintech
Applied Regression Analysis
Compulsory general courses:
Psychology of Management
Foreign Language (professional)
Experimental research work of Master student
Language of instruction: English
Instructor Assemgul Baisarenova