SDU Admissions 2020
Ranking of specialties SDU in Kazakhstan (2019)
University enrollment on paid contract or scholarship is processed based on applicant’s written statement, according to points t the certificate, as a result of UNT.
The minimum number of points to apply is 50 (5 points on each of the subjects), and 70 points for pedagogical programs.
If you are college graduate applying to SDU, you are required to go through the interview process. Please, follow this link to register for online interview.
- Copy of National ID;
- Medical form №086 with Xray results;
- Copy of №063 medical form;
- IELTS / TOEFL / SDU CEC / Duolingo certificate if you have one or English proficiency exam result (written at SDU);
- Applicant’s 3×4cm sized, 6 photos;
- School certificate or diploma with transcript;
- UNT certificate (electronic copy);
- State scholarship certificate (if you have one);
- Special examination results (for pedagogical programs applicants);
- Results of interview with faculty representative (for college graduates);
- Questions of 2020-2021 Creative exam are here;
- Student Fund (40 000 KZT);
- Tuition fee 50% payment.
International students go through three-step process:
For pre-registering, please send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Passport scan
– Transcript scan
– Reference letter
– Letter of motivation
After you send these documents, you will get an email with links to follow the next step.
Placement test and Online interview
Placement test: Listening Speaking Writing or IELTS 5.5 TOEFL IBT 130
– Online interview with faculty
– After you go through online interview and placement test, you will get an email to follow the next step
Enrollment and payment
You can follow the link to enroll online and make payment.
Please, do not use the link shown on this webpage, because this link is NOT for international applicants. Your application will be dismissed if you fill in the enrollment application other than shown in your personal email.
You are considered fully-accepted SDU student as soon as you get unconditional letter of acceptance from the university.
1. Copy of national passport verified by notary;
2. Copy of school certificate/diploma verified by notary;
3. Medical form №086 and X-ray result (it’s recommended to issue these documents in Kazakhstan);
4. Valid English language proficiency certificates (IELTS, TOEFL);
5. 3 × 4 cm sized 6 photos;
6. Registration fee and Student fund:
For Bachelor degree – $300,
For Foundation, Masters and PhD – $200.
Master & PhD
Applicants have to write a complex test (CT) to apply for Master’s degree.
Complex testing has several parts:
1. Foreign language proficiency (not required, if you have (IELTS 6.0 (IELTS Indicator 6.0), TOEFL (ITP 543, IBT 60, PBT 498), Duolingo 95);
2. Test to identify applicant’s preparation for graduate school;
3. Test on profile group subjects of educational programs.
Complex Testing Question templates are available here.
Complex Testing trial questions are available here.
The entrance points to apply for state scholarships and grants at graduate school is 75 .
In competition for state scholarship (grant) an applicant can choose one group of educational programs and 3 universities in dates between August 28 – September 5 2020.
1. Professional experience not less than 1 year:
2. International English Language proficiency certificate (IELTS 5.5 (IELTS Indicator 5.5), TOEFL (PBT 453, ITP 460, IBT 46), Duolingo 85;
1. Bachelor’s diploma original;
2. 3×4 cm sized 6 photos
3. Medical card №086 and X-ray result (not required during lockdown);
4. Copy of National ID;
5. Copy of test certificate according to chosen program (if you have one);
6. Payment invoice for exam participation.
To apply for state scholarship (grant):
1. CT (Complex testing certificate (not less than 75 points);
2. 3х4 sized 4 photos.
3. Applications for State scholarship are received via http://testcenter.kz/
1. Master’s degree diploma original;
2. International language proficiency exam certificate;
3. Copy of National ID;
4. 3х4 sized 6 photos;
5. Medical for №086 and X-ray result (not required during lockdown);
6. Documents to prove required work experience verified by HR department;
7. List of scientific and scientific-methodical works (if available);
8. Results of preliminary selection;
Applicant who want to transfer to SDU from other universities need to send copies of necessary documents and information about transfer (program, specialty, state scholarship holder status etc.) to our email: email@example.com.
SDU Student service center expert will contact you within 2-3 business days.
August 20, 2020 / January 10, 2021
2. National ID;
3. UNT certificate.
Master & PhD
At SDU you have a chance to send your documents for processing online. You need to upload the copies of your documents and fill out the required forms. Step-by-step instructions to fill out online enrollment form are here.
You can apply for State Grant (for Kazakhstani citizens) by following this link. You do not need Electronic singanture or Pedagogical exam results to do that through our system.
After successfully uploading documents and filling out all the required forms, applicants have to get the original copies of the documents to SDU admissions commission before August 25 and pass enrollment exams at set time (please, look at “Important dates’).
Scholarships & discounts
State scholarship is a financial coverage, given by state for education. These scholarships are allotted only by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, universities serve a role of collecting and sending your documents to the Ministry to participate in scholarship allocation process.
You can find the list of 2020-2021 Academic year State scholarship holders in the following link.
Congratulations to all scholarship holders, our future students!
Applications are accepted till August 25.
Student house check-in – August 28.
The number of places at the dormitory are limited. 1st year students are given priority when allocating the places. Students of 2, 3, 4 years can submit their applications after August 25.
List of required documents
- 3х4cm sized 2 photos;
- Copy of Medical №086;
- Copy of National ID;
- Copy of payment invoice.
Учреждение Университет имени Сулеймана Демиреля
040900, Алматинская обл., г.Каскелен, ул. Абылай хана, 1/1.
IBAN: KZ626017131000023797 (KZT)
IBAN: KZ146017131000031160 (USD)
IBAN: KZ696017131000039094 (EUR)
IBAN: KZ466017131000050469 (RUB)
АО «Народный Банк Казахстана»
040900, Алматинская обл., г.Каскелен, ул.Абылай хана, 1/1.
IBAN: KZ626017131000016522 (KZT)
IBAN: KZ436018771000196911 (USD)
КНП – 872
АО «Народный Банк Казахстана»
Tuition fees for Undergraduate students
How much do I pay now?
The payment price list to get enrolled in the first semester first year is in the attachment.
You need to make the following payments before signing your contract:
1. Your first year first semester tuition fee as shown in the attachment.
2. Your student fee (40 000 KZT for local, 300 USD for international students) for all of your study.
* Scholarship holders are also expected to contribute Student fee.
How much do I pay later?
ECTS payment system is applied for Tuition fee policy at SDU.
Multidisciplinary courses (MDE) fees are different from Professional program courses (Program).
Each educational program has different professional program course fee.
Please, find in the attachment below all the fees for all educational programs.
Each semester a student can choose between 20-42 ECTS courses and needs to make payment accordingly before the start of the semester.
To graduate with bachelor’s degree a student needs to cover 240 ECTS credit courses.