On the 16th of February the President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Leicester Professor Paul Joseph Boyle and Dr Michael Green who is in charge of the Strategic Partnerships of University of Leicester were honored guests of Suleyman Demirel University.
The guests arrived around 13:00 and in the entrance of SDU campus the blue-print was introduced by Enes Kurtay CHIG. After what there was an official meeting at Senate Hall with the rector, vice-rectors and deans of SDU.
During the meeting some topics were discussed like:
- General information regarding both universities;
- Possible ways of collaboration;
- Academic exchange program for undergraduate and graduate studies;
- Possibilities double degree programs;
- Academic Internships;
- Winter and summer language schools.
The director of the department of Foreign Affairs Enes Kurtay CHIG provided detailed information regarding the SDU history in general, about the faculties and departments, education programs, campus capacity, tuition fees, dormitory conditions and fees. Furthermore both parties discussed possible ways of collaboration.