Applications acception and examination on creative specialties are carried out at the university.
- Acceptance of applications (documents) from June 20 to July 7;
- Examinations from 8 to 13 July.
For admission to the Department of Journalism an applicant has to pass a creative exam, which consists of two stages.
- The first stage is writing an essay.
- The second stage is an interview, where an applicant is asked different general questions test the outlook.
Also the applicant’s portfolio with earlier publications or an internship in the media are welcomed on the creative exam.
In addition to creative exams History of Kazakhstan and reading literacy (the language of instruction) scores are taken into account.
- The maximum score for each creative exam is 40.
- The maximum number of points taking into account creative exams is 120.
Sample tasks of creative exam
Essay topics in English (2017-2018) (481.8 KB)
Interview questions in English (2017-2018) (576.1 KB)
Essay topics in Kazakh (2017-2018) (533.4 KB)
Interview questions in Kazakh (2017-2018) (840.5 KB)
Essay topics in Russian (2017-2018) (496.7 KB)
Interview questions in Russian (2017-2018) (576.1 KB)